Motions Graphic Designer
Central Employment are recruiting for a Motions Graphic Designer based in Tyne & Wear for a leading UK manufacturer and retailer, joining an expanding creative and marketing studio.
The Motions Graphic Designer is a key position, reporting to the in-house Studio, but will be required to work direct with marketing teams and colleagues within the business. The position is responsible for taking briefs and developing on brand creative concepts that can be executed as integrated marketing campaigns across all media.
This person partners closely with Designers & Copywriters (internally and externally employed) to develop the most effective ways to visually position products, services, solutions, and offers.
- Point of contact with customer on queries and being business expert in domain expertise
- Review and approval of briefs when required, rejecting or guiding customer so request meets studio specification before work starts
- Work with Art Director to translate briefs into compelling creative concepts that are on brand but promote and sell our products
- Develop creative concepts including designs and imagery for campaigns that can be executed across press, digital display banners, email, social, video, presentations and collateral.
- Partnering and collaborating alongside a team of copywriters to jointly create ideas
- Ensure all work is approved by Art Director before going to client
- Develop guidelines that protect brand image
- Help guide the in-house Studio and colleagues, and promote brand standards using guidelines
- Provide design support to other projects when required, retouching photos, creating graphics, logos, identity design, or other graphics.
- Ensure that all design work follows corporate or manufacturer guidelines
- Managing Projects, ensuring we hit deadlines and SLA targets
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in digital design, graphic design, graphic communications or related field.
- 3+ years successful professional design experience, at a digital/creative agency or in-house team
- Strong portfolio of design work, showing solution to business problems through effective design
- Expert using Adobe Creative Suite programs, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Animate and experience of using After Effects
- Expert in developing creative concepts that work across all media including press, digital banners, emails, campaign landing pages, social media and video
- Ability to build web pages, digital display & social media campaigns
- Experience in HTML and CSS
- Ability to create complex graphics, animation, and content for a diverse array of platforms
- Experience in the creation of motion graphics videos is desirable but not essential to the role
- Demonstrate the required behaviors – commitment, positivity, passion, collaboration and willingness to pass on knowledge
- Technical aptitude & ability to learn
- Strong work ethic and personal accountability
- Strong attention to detail & time management
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in teams or independently
- Experience of coaching and developing designers is desirable but not essential