Mid-Senior WordPress Developer
Central Employment are working alongside an established Digital Creative agency based in Newcastle, as they look to recruit a talented Mid-Senior WordPress Developer, joining their expansive PHP team.
They are looking for a mid-senior developer to take up a key role in their WordPress team, where they can have a substantial impact on projects by delivering high quality code, but also be involved in mentoring and up-skilling the junior developers on the team as well.
This is a truly exciting time to join the company as they’re in the process of re branding as well as on boarding some key strategic clients going into 2024. This is an opportunity to have an indelible impact on a growing business.
What they’re looking for:
- 2-3 years commercial experience in PHP/WordPress
- Building class-leading medium to enterprise level WordPress websites.
- Creating custom, responsive WordPress themes, layouts and templates from scratch for mobile, tablet and desktop.
- Building and customising bespoke WordPress plug-ins and modules.
- Working with custom posts, custom post meta, taxonomies, tags and categories, actions and hooks.
- Working with WordPress bootstrap process and lifecycle, with a mobile-first approach.
- Experience provisioning, setting up and deploying secure infrastructure for WordPress hosting.
- Customising the WordPress CMS, with bespoke users and permissions, roles and groups.
- Overseeing the management of server deployment with hosting providers and performing server-side speed and security optimisation.
- Integrating systems via APIs
- Excellent PHP skills with experience of maintaining and creating class-based libraries and systems.
Nice to haves:
- Operated with React
- Understanding of Shopify
Reasons to apply:
- Engaging and varies project load
- Terrific L&D support
- Flat structure with direct access to management
- Quality over quantity focus
- Hybrid working in Newcastle with flexible hours
- Company social events
- 30 days annual leave including public holidays
- Private healthcare
- Free parking
Candidates must be based in and have the right to work in the UK. Unfortunately this client cannot sponsor Visas.