Mid-Senior PHP Developers (WordPress)
Central Employment are working alongside and in partnership with Newcastle based digital, creative agency, Inspired Agency. They have a number of open Mid-Senior PHP Developer (WordPress) opportunities, joining their rapidly growing tech and development team.
As a highly-motivated creative and digital agency we deliver bespoke digital services that are both expertly crafted, and built with the web user in mind. A beautiful looking website is good, one that also focuses on the customer’s desires in order to maximise engagement and conversion is even better.
Our combination of smooth design and user experience insight ensures we build websites that are easily found, easily navigated on all devices, and provide the user with the best experience.
Inspired create bespoke/innovative web and software solutions across a diverse range of platforms for clients who operate within a number of sectors and verticals. Working with cutting edge technologies, they are focused on producing market-leading, best in class web and software solutions that deliver results. Working in a vibrant, fast paced environment, you would be joining an exciting team who are solutions-focused and genuinely work as a TEAM.
As a Senior PHP Developer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Development and maintenance of PHP web sites from designs, functional specifications and ad hoc client requests
- Configuration of web servers and deployment systems using Apache/Nginx, MySQL and continuous integration
- Communicating with internal team members, clients and third parties at a technical level
- Working with designers and project leaders to deliver on client and user requirements
- Have an eye for detail and work with designers to deliver on the teams vision
Key experience required:
- Experience of working with PHP-based ecommerce and CMS platforms (especially WordPress and ideally WooCommerce)
- Experience of overseeing the management of server deployment with hosting providers and performing server side speed and security optimisation
- Experience of integrating systems via APIs
- Excellent PHP skills with experience of maintaining and creating class-based libraries and systems
- Experience of developing applications and systems with security as a priority
- Experience of working with React
- Experience working with version control (.git or similar)
- Experience working with preprocessors (sass or less)
- And managing these tasks with gulp or grunt