Mid-Senior PHP Developer
We are seeking a talented and experienced Mid-Senior PHP Developer to join an award-winning team within an expanding Web Development and Growth Consultancy. This role offers a great opportunity to develop your career and take it to the next level.
You will be part of a small but growing and effective team of developers whose responsibilities include building new sites, services and products in addition to updating and supporting existing assets.
Mid-Senior PHP Developer responsibilities:
You will work closely with the head of development to deliver projects smoothly, on time and to the highest quality standards.
Our development team has a focus on delivering large-scale digital transformation projects across an array of different clients with a key focus on CMS customisation, API integration and bespoke platform builds.
We work across various platforms with custom PHP web applications built using frameworks such as Laravel. We often work with Statamic (flat-file headless CMS) and WordPress (headless) to provide editing and content management functionality to our platforms. There are also opportunities to work with Magento and some of our e-commerce clients.
- Extensive experience with Laravel and/or WordPress development
- Experience integrating APIs into web applications
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and software design patterns
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation
- Understanding of various Database architecture principles and best practices
- Version control (we use Git/Bitbucket)
- Best practice development techniques (accessibility, SEO, security, PSR compliance, deployment processes)
- Experience with Agile working methods (we implement a hybrid Scrumban approach)
- Working with FlatFile CMS systems (Statamic)
- Exposure to CRMs (HubSpot, Salesforce, MS Dynamics)
- Agency experience
- Understanding of Redis / Memcache (nice to have)
- Interest in performance, optimisation and accessibility
- A good understanding of Linux-based hosting environments and experience with NGINX would be beneficial (AWS advantageous)