Lead Front End Developer
Central Employment are delighted to be supporting an award-winning consumer brand, as they look to expand their eCommerce team with a talented Lead Front End Developer.
An opportunity has arisen for a lead front-end Developer, preferably with Shopify/Shopify Plus experience to join the team. You will be responsible for developing, managing and optimising the B2C platform to help create a fantastic customer experience. You will be working closely with the E-commerce team and be the key liaison with the agency engaged to manage the website platform.
Responsibilities of the Lead Front End Developer:
• Technical ownership of all front end development and updates on our website.
• Responsible for all quality processes, ensuring that they are tested and validated to ensure they work properly.
• Working closely with internal teams to ensure daily and project based front developments to the site are completed efficiently and within pre-determined KPIs
• Gain insights from analytics and make recommendations for improvements.
• Working closely with the website platform agency, develop and create innovative solutions that continuously improve the performance of the website.
• Maintain a good understanding of SEO principles and ensure that the application with adhere to them.
Skills and experience:
Essential – Managing Shopify stores or similar or experience with maintaining one.
• A mobile-first approach.
• Strong understanding of front-end coding techniques and CMS.
• Understanding of integrating external API’s, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
• Have a good knowledge of best practices, new technologies and trends.
• Knowledge of UX and UI design.
• Have a keen interest in e-commerce.
• The ideal team player should share openly and willingly, communicate constructively and work as a problem-solver.
• A self-starter who thrives in a result driven, creative environment.
• Strong organizational skills with an accurate eye for detail.
• Experience working with targets and KPIs.
• Minimum of 3years’ experience of E-commerce/Shopify
• Used to working in a busy, high workload department
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise
• Knowledge of the implementation of technical SEO solutions, with particularly knowledge of best practice in a Shopify environment.
• Significant awareness of A/B testing, domain management and conversion rate optimisation (CRO).