Apple Support Engineer
Central Employment are delighted to be working with a leading provider of IT Services to the Creative & Education industries. Due to continued expansion they are looking to add to their technical team with an additional Apple Support Engineer. The ideal candidate will have experience of dealing with education and public sector clients and will have in-depth knowledge of server insight and networking config including server management of Apple devices on wintel infrastructure.
This is a fantastic opportunity to shadow an experienced Apple specialist, with a company that want to invest in their staff on a long term basis.
Apple Support Engineer Key Responsibilities
- To provide 1st and 2nd line technical support to resolve technical issues via telephone and email from clients for all hardware and software support issues.
- To resolve, redirect or escalate support queries
- To guide clients on potential systems and solutions that help solve their technical challenges
- To proactively keep clients updated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Keeping up to date with the latest changes in technology trends, including any new technologies that my client supports
Apple Support Engineer Essential Requirements
- Desktop support of Microsoft Windows 7/8/10
- Server Support of Microsoft 2008/2012 (AD, DNS, DHCP and GP)
- Networking configuration (firewalls, switches including VLAN, UTM, Proxy and VPN setup)
- Email configuration including Exchange & MS 365
Apple Support Engineer Desirable Requirements
- OSX Experience including server and iOS desirable
- Experience using Apple products in Windows environments
- JAMF & HEAT including the Apple Configurator or any other Apple managed service distribution software.
This is a technical role, please make sure you have read the technical requirements of the role before applying.
You must have a full UK driving licence for this role