Central Employment are working in partnership with one of the regions’ fastest growing technology and digital organisations, as they look to appoint a Financial Manager.
The role of Financial Manager is to efficiently and accurately oversee the financial management of the business. Reporting to the Managing Director and liaising with the Senior Management Team, the Finance Manager will assume a hands-on role with responsibility for the day-to-day financial operations of the company.
Duties will cover the full spectrum of finance operations, including budgeting and forecasting, preparation of management accounts and cash flow management.
The Financial Manager will be a talented, professional and experienced individual, capable of managing a diverse list of tasks. This role involves liaising with departments across the business, supporting them in managing their budgets and financial planning.
Financial Manager responsibilities:
The Financial Manager is accountable for financial operations and will be tasked to:
- Put in place robust financial systems and processes
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Oversee cash flow management
- Manage budgeting and forecasting process, including variances
- Develop relationships with external advisors, e.g. solicitors and banks
- Liaise with auditors for annual monitoring
- Deliver on HMRC reporting
- Complete VAT returns
- Review spending against budget, with individual departments
- Present year end accounts
- Undertake cost-benefit analysis for financial opportunities
- Reconcile balance sheets
- Understand regulation, legislation and industry developments and how they will impact the business
The Ideal Candidate:
- Fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Remarkable commercial acumen and strategic business knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to persuade and influence
- Committed, enthusiastic and able to use initiative to drive the business forward