Assistant Tax Manager
Central Employment is looking to recruit a Tax assistant Manager due to demand of the clients Tax, Payroll & Auditing services, the role can be based across any of their Co Durham, Teesside and North Yorkshire offices.
We are looking to recruit for the above role which will work in our busy tax department. The current tax team of 17 provides compliance and tax advisory services to private individuals, unincorporated businesses, trusts and companies. The successful candidate will also be able to take advantage of our hybrid working policy which allows you to work from home for up to two days a week.
The job title and duties will be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience.
- Providing tax advice to a portfolio of predominantly owner-managed business.
- Identifying tax planning opportunities to raise with clients.
- Ensuring that all compliance is completed in good time and deadlines are met.
- Management and development of the tax trainees.
- To manage your own client portfolio.
- To review tax returns prepared by junior team members.
- To prepare tax computations.
- Preparation and review of tax accounting disclosures in company accounts.
- Tax audit review work.
- Assisting in preparing P11Ds.
- To provide support on planning projects and research technical issues on advisory work such as asset/business sales, succession planning and tax residency issues.
- To start dealing with more complex client queries (internal and external) and provide tax planning advice.
- To attend client meetings.
- Planning and executing the longer-term strategy of the department along with the departmental partners and director.
- Contribute to winning new client work.
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant qualification with a background of working in tax.
- Competent in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- High level of numeracy.
- Methodical approach to work.
- An aptitude for detailed work.
- Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills with both staff and clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions, solve problems and take appropriate action.
- An understanding of the link between effective performance management and business results.
- Demonstrates a clear knowledge and understanding of performance standards, quality control procedures and office procedures.
- Ability to deal confidently and positively with poor and underperformance issues.
- Ability to adapt leadership style for different team members.
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to achieve client deadlines, as well as other day to day work.
- To demonstrate good timekeeping skills as well as displaying a professional attitude in all aspects of their work.
- To actively participate in team meetings making a wide range of suggestions.
As a firm, our client recognises the importance of work-life balance, and we want to support employee mental well-being so offer the following flexible working options from day one of employment.
Nine-day fortnight – employees can work their fortnightly contractual hours over 9 days to achieve one day off a fortnight
Flexible start and finish times – we have introduced core working hours to allow employees flexibility over their start and finish times
Part-time hours – allowing employees to work reduced hours/days
The role offers a competitive salary and a salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme. Up to and including Assistant Managers receive 22 days holiday plus statutory holidays and Managers and above receive 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays. We offer additional benefits such as a salary sacrifice flexible leave scheme, Perkbox, discounted health care, various health and wellbeing initiatives and payment of professional subscriptions. In addition, there are long service incentives such as additional holidays and rewards.