Central Employment are delighted to be working with a leading independent Chartered Accountants and Business Advisory firm, as they look to recruit an Accounts Senior joining a busy and established Accounting Services team in central Newcastle upon Tyne.
The key responsibilities and duties of the role are as follows:
- Preparing client accounts from books and records
- Using Excel to analyse accounting data
- Using Sage and various cloud accounting software to prepare client accounts and assist with client queries
- Bookkeeping, VAT returns and management accounts for assigned clients
- Training clients in respect of accounting systems
- Be a point of contact within the team for client enquiries
- Work with the ASD team to ensure that an excellent client service is provided at all times
- Review work of more junior team members and check for accuracy
- Work with other departments within the firm to ensure that client service is seamless eg: Payroll, Tax teams for personal and/or corporate taxation
- Qualified, part qualified, AAT Levels 2 to 4, or at least five years’ work experience in an accountancy firm, preparing accounts.
- Excellent knowledge of accounts preparation for a range of clients including sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Experience of Sage and cloud accounting packages such as QuickBooks and Xero.
- Experience of Office 365 – primarily Excel. Intermediate level Excel user (data analysis, use of a range of formulae)