Project Engineer – Electrical
Central Employment are currently recruiting a proactive and methodical Project Engineer to support the implementation of Engineering capital projects, aligned to site development, refurbishment and equipment replacement plans, ensuring all aspects are delivered safely and compliantly, minimise downtime and come in on time, in budget and to the required quality standards.
Assigned your own projects (Utility, Facilities and Plant activities), you’ll work closely with the Project Engineering Team to fulfil the project lifecycle – interpreting project specifications, liaising with contractors to develop solutions, reading technical drawings to prepare costed proposals, following project plans and working with our Quality and Operation teams to validate project outcomes for sign-off.
Taking responsibility for your projects’ Contractors, you’ll arrange appropriate work permit documents, ensure clear site briefings are delivered and arrange regular project reviews to ensure agreed standards are met (e.g., ISPE, GxP). Keeping safety central, you’ll review Risk Assessments and Method Statements prior to work commencing and complete regular safety audits. To ensure the smooth running of your projects, you’ll coordinate with relevant departments to ensure all arrangements are in place (e.g., line close downs, relevant documentation, training plans), attend multi-functional meetings as the department representative, provide regular progress reports to key stakeholders and adhere to all required Procurement and Finance processes.
Experience in a previous Engineering role – as an experienced Project Engineer or have an electrical/ mechanical/ multi-skilled Engineering background with interest in this area.
- Practical understanding of Facilities, Utilities, Electrical or Mechanical systems work, with the ability to understand relevant technical specifications and drawings.
- Experience of working in a highly regulated manufacturing environment (e.g., food, pharma, chemical) with knowledge of GxP principles / impacts would be beneficial.
- Good project management or organisation skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines, even in a fast-paced and changeable work environment.
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken English), able to liaise with stakeholders of all levels, navigate cultural difference and write and present concise reports.
- Good IT skills – including Microsoft Office; experience of MS Project, AutoCAD and other project management tools would be useful.
- Works in a proactive and methodical manner with a good eye for detail – knows the right questions to ask to gain clarity in sometimes unclear situations.
- Flexibility to work outside standard working hours occasionally to support projects.
- Recognised Engineering qualification, HNC level or above.