Central Employment are looking for an experienced Mechanical Fitter on a temp to perm contract. Working for a specialist engineering contractor, we’re looking for a skilled Fitter who has knowledge of workshop fitting, installation of various machinery and working from drawings.
Main purpose to support the day to day manufacturing operations, by installing, maintaining, improving and repairing equipment to ensure production efficiency can meet customer requirements within a safe environment.
Site and factory-based role. Manufacturing bespoke machinery and installing in client facility. UK client base, working away a requirement.
- Always work in a safe and responsible manner following site rules and relevant health and safety legislation
- Installation of new machinery, production lines, towers etc.
- Ability to work from drawings
- Carry out diagnosis of faults, the maintenance and repairs to all types of plant and equipment in a safe and timely manner
- Estimate length of time required to complete a job and understand consequences of failure to complete work within required timescales
- Identify and escalate any activity that has potential to cause harm or damage
- Ensure all work is undertaken to a high-quality standard and adheres to all quality standard regulations.
- Previous experience in the automotive or robotic industry desirable
- Workshop fitting/ assembly and installation experience. Qualifications highly desirable
- ONC, A Levels, City & Guilds Level 3, BTEC National Diploma Level 3, IVQ Technician Diploma or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification
- Practical hands on approach to problem solving
- Mechanical, electrical background
- Pneumatic experience required
- Ability to communicate with customers and represent client well.
All applicants must be able to work unsociable hours and on occasions at short notice.
Suitable candidates should contact Kevin Wright to discuss this opportunity further.
This role is an immediate start so please apply online (attaching your CV) as soon as possible. Please be advised that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to each application individually, please be assured that we will contact all applicants selected for interview in due course. Central Employment are an equal opportunities Employer.