Central Employment are working with a large printing company in Sunderland. Due to increased production and growth, we are looking for a time served maintenance technician to join the maintenance team. This is the ideal position for a candidate looking to develop their career and take ownership of the engineering department, with excellent internal opportunities and the chance to mentor an apprentice.
Day Shift only. Flexible working hours.
- Overall maintenance and repair of plant and machinery, including major plant/electrical equipment and portable etc.
- Carryout regular inspection of plant and equipment to assess maintenance requirements
- Review and improve maintenance schedules
- Provide necessary technical knowledge to ensure that any changes/improvements to fixed installations are completed in accordance to statutory regulations.
- Stock Control / supplier management of parts and equipment
- Site Facilities works, when required
Skills and Qualifications
- Time served Engineer (electrical bias preferable)
- Experience of maintaining and repairing process equipment used for printing would be preferable, but not essential.
- Good communicator
- Past experience mentoring and developing an apprentice.
- Problem solving and forward thinking.
Immediate starts available. Please get in touch with Kevin Wright.
This role is an immediate start so please apply online (attaching your CV) as soon as possible. Please be advised that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to each application individually, please be assured that we will contact all applicants selected for interview in due course.