Central Employment are delighted to be working a retained recruitment partner, as work support a growing Marketing, Comms and Creative agency as they look to appoint a highly talented Senior Designer, joining their established creative team in Newcastle.
Purpose of the Senior Designer:
We’re looking for a talented, highly creative, passionate Senior Designer with 3-4 years of agency experience, to hit the ground running. As part of a dynamic creative team, you will be tasked with the job of bringing to life print and digital campaigns for our clients. The person we are looking for enjoys working hard both independently and with the team to push creative boundaries, producing the best possible results.
Duties & responsibilities
The role will involve the following:
- Working on creative design projects involving print and digital deliverables
- Researching to gain a deep understanding of clients in order to come up with creative ideas for their project.
- Working collaboratively with a digital and design team to come up with world-class solutions.
- Developing and working with corporate brand guidelines.
- Taking ownership of workload, prioritisation and time management.
- Interpreting a brief and taking a project from concept through to completion.
- Liaising with suppliers to gather print quotes for the best price and quality for clients.
- Presenting ideas and designs internally and to clients.
- Briefing third parties and collaborators such as photographers.
The right person will:
The Ideal Candidate
– 3-4 year’s minimum design experience, preferably within an agency environment
– BA Hons in Graphic Design or equivalent
– Excellent skills and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
– An impressive portfolio demonstrating experience and creative flair, working on multi-disciplinary projects
– Good working knowledge of the print process and preparing print-ready artwork
– The capability to switch from print to digital design is advantageous
– Able to coordinate product photography, video and marketing shoots
– In the know of the latest design trends
– Good at problem-solving, innovative, highly organised and detail orientated
– Good time-management skills and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
– Willingness to take the initiative, be flexible and help wherever possible
– Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively interact with a wide range of contacts