Mid-Senior UX Designer
Central Employment are working with a leading SAAS organisation based in the North East, as they look to appoint a highly creative Mid-Senior UX Designer.
Joining an established user interface team, you will work as part of a team of UX Design specialists who are responsible for delivering market leading products and services within technical industries. This role is important in enabling the company to deliver high quality, consistent and engaging user experiences across web, mobile and desktop software.
Purpose of the Mid-Senior UX Designer:-
You will be working on a number of our UX and software development initiatives which will primarily involve:
- Taking a senior role in the creation of design assets during development such as personas, user flows, wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity designs
- Enhancing existing visual elements and usability of products
- Helping to coordinate the work of other designers and ensuring it meets with UX standards
- Coaching other UX team members to improve their skills
- Helping promote a UX culture across our products with the aim of improving quality
Key responsibilities of the Mid-Senior UX Designer:-
- Take ownership of UX design on features and components and coordinate work with other UX Designers ensuring it meets team UX standards
- Contribute to UX design, UI design and research to produce the relevant design assets during development such as personas, user flows, wireframes, prototypes or hi-lo fidelity designs
- Take problem scenarios or conceptual ideas and turn them into elegant and valuable solutions whilst following UX standards and best practices.
- Contribute to the ongoing enhancements and maintenance of the UX Design System.
- Run and participate in Stakeholder and User workshops, research sessions and test sessions to gather data, validate suggestions, ideas, designs and prototypes.
- Produce necessary research individually or as part of a team to inform your design decisions. Engage with stakeholders, colleagues and customers to achieve this.
- Articulate design decisions and proposals to peers and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Product Managers/ Owners, Developers, Designers, Quality Assurance and Marketing.
- Circa 3 yrs min experience in a UX focussed role, gained in-house or agency side
- A solid understanding of the core UX principles such as UX Design, UI Design and Research
- Demonstrable experience of turning large quantities of data into simple elegant solutions
- Experience in agile ways of working
- Excellent written and verbal communication: for presenting your ideas and communicating every aspect of designs to the relevant stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-changing environment
- Have a real passion and talent for all things design, and want to inspire your colleagues with a fresh perspective
- Experience of industry software tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, InVision, Google Analytics, Sketch