On behalf of our client, a metal fabricator based in Newton Aycliffe, who after continued growth and some exciting upcoming projects, are looking for Industrial Painters (Wet and Powder) to join them on a temporary to permanent basis.
Established in 1979, Central Employment is the oldest independent recruiter in the North East with over 40 years of industry expertise. Over the years we have worked with and recruited for some of the largest businesses and brand names in the North East. Specialising in temporary, contract and permanent recruitment across a broad spectrum of industries; supplying staff with full UK coverage.
Industrial Painters (wet and powder) this will include:
- Preparation of steel parts for painting
- High quality spraying (Powder & Possibly Wet Spray)
- Working as a Team
- Reporting to Production Manager
- Correct coverage and gloss level achieved
- Correct mix of ratios of paints, thinners & hardeners are achieved
- Understanding spray / powder gun functions & able to strip down clean and re-assemble
- Setting up spray / powder guns and equipment to compensate for:
- Different type of surface (bare metal/ undercoat/rework)
- Different paint types & viscosities
- Other Duties may be asked of, so a flexible approach
- Must have high quality workmanship
- Organisation – ensuring items are ready to leave the booth within timeframes.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good housekeeping
Monday to Friday Rotating shift
6-2 / 2-10 / 10-6. (First 2 weeks will be 8-5 while training)
O-wing to location, please ensure you can get there or back
The Rate of Pay
Basic: £ 9.50+ 0.76 per hour clocking in bonus
Total Pay Rate: £10.26 per hour
Night shift allowance for the 10-6 +£1.00 per hour
The Ideal person
We are looking for:
- A good work ethic
- Capable of manual handling
- Good time keeping and attendance
- Willingness to learn
- Experience powder and wet spraying in an industrial setting.