Design Manager – Part-time/Full-time
My client are an architectural design company with in-house structural engineering and planning consultants. Principally catering toward high-end domestic clients and developments including change of use, and conversion projects. After impressive recent growth, they are now looking for a Design Manager to oversee the Design team in the performance of the project work that comes in. The ideal candidate will be a chartered architectural technologist with experience leading & directing a small team in a similar capacity. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company with an enviable reputation within the market. My client is willing to consider candidates looking for part-time work with the relevant skill set.
- Overseeing a small design team
- Providing a lead designer role on all projects.
- Supporting, coordinating and providing leadership to the design team reporting into the Managing Director
- Provide outstanding direction and advice with regards to local planning policy and building regulations
- Applying and liaising with representatives of the Local Authority with a view to gain full approvals.
- Development & coaching of the design team with key objectives and targeted growth
- Providing any suggestions for improvement within the design lifecycle process
- MCIAT chartered architectural technologist or qualified architect with min 3 years exp.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and communication
- Excellent knowledge of local planning policy and building regulations
- In-depth knowledge of Autodesk Revit software
- Experience of design for residential extensions, small and medium housing developments, conversions of all kinds and commercial projects.
- Experience as a principal designer under CDM regulations
- Up to date knowledge of modern methods of construction and timber-framed buildings.
- Excellent organisation and good working culture
- Proven man management experience within a small design team
- An effective communicator able to present technical content in layman terms
- Ability to work autonomously, taking charge of the secured projects coming in from the Managing Director
Applications for this position require a portfolio of completed design work.