Civils Operatives – National
On behalf of our client, who are a managed services provider of telecommunications engineers, we are currently recruiting for Civils Operatives Nationally.
Established in 1979, Central Employment is the oldest independent recruiter in the Northeast with over 40 years of industry expertise.
Overview of the company
As a managed service provider, the company supplies fully equipped telecommunication and Civils teams enabling them to offer services to their clients, offering plans and solutions to the client’s communications infrastructure. The client provides fibre and data engineers across the UK and Scotland.
Due to continued growth and further expansion, we require additional civils teams. In this role you will be required to perform excavations, repairs and reinstatements, installation of ducting, chambers and street cabinets located within the public highway and customer premises.
- Excavating in the highways and complying with NRSWA
- Installing new duct work and chambers
- Clearing blockages
- Rod, Rope and Testing
- Complying with specification for reinstatement of opening highways (SROH)
- Communicating with internal and external customers
- Fibre ducting and chamber core drilling.
- All civils work to be undertaken in accordance with HSG47.
Monday-Friday, however you will be required to be able to stay away overnight/s where the work is out of local commutable distances. And sometimes additional Overtime or overnight emergency repairs.
- Experience in the Civils and Communication industry would be beneficial.
- Hold a valid NRSWA operative Qualification
- Experience with Openreach network
- Experience on-street infrastructure installation
- Hold a valid CSCS Card
- HIAB operator (desirable but not essential)
- Full UK manual driving license held for 2 years is essential for the role
- Workplace pension
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Civils Operative to progress their career.