Central Employment are proud to announce joining Stronger Together initiative to support tackling of hidden labour exploitation.
Who are Stronger Together?
‘Stronger Together is an initiative focused on reducing modern slavery, especially labour trafficking and forced labour as well as similar issues around hidden third party exploitation of vulnerable workers. Stronger Together provides guidance and training for businesses including labour providers and employers who as a result, will be able to better assist their hiring managers in spotting early signs of hidden labour exploitation.
What this means for Central Employment?
Central Employment and labour providers who decide to adjust their policies and procedures in line with Stronger Together aims will become Stronger Together ‘Business Partners’, responsible for spreading the message across their workforce, including candidates and current workers. Central Employment are committed to ensuring each candidate registering with our agency receives comprehensive information regarding hidden worker exploitation and knows where to seek help.
Is having Modern Slavery Policy in place enough or should businesses do more?
Modern Slavery is still a big issue in the UK and worldwide and businesses need to do more to reduce hidden labour exploitation across all industries. David Camp who is the Founder of Stronger Together recognises how important it is for business leaders and general public to become more familiar with the issue as ‘Each one of 40 million people trapped in modern slavery today is a person, like you and I, and we must individually and collectively take responsibility to bring an end to this great human rights abuse. I truly believe that responsible businesses hold the key to effecting this global change. ‘
How to spot early signs of labour exploitation if you are currently an employee or worker?
- Do you have to pay someone money to give you work?
- Are you being forced to work when you don’t want to?
- Is someone controlling your identity documents or bank account?
- Is someone threating you or intimidating you or your family?
- Are you being forced to live in accommodation against your will?
If you answered yes to any of these questions- you can seek help by contacting:
- 24/7 Modern Slavery Helpline by phone 0800 121 700 or by visiting http://www.modernslaveryhelpline.org/report
- Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority 0800 432 0804
- Any of our consultants who are fully trained on supporting you throughout the employment process
Please visit Stronger Together website https://www.stronger2gether.org/about-us/ to find out more about the initiative and how you can get involved, if you’re a business leader or HR Executive.
Source & References: https://www.stronger2gether.org/